Grand Valley State University Women's Center
Women's Leadership House
Where will you be living next year? Consider a unique opportunity in the Women's Leadership House! Opening in Fall 2012, the Women's Leadership House provides a small community experience within the larger university. Women’s Leadership House offers leadership development , programming that specifically matches student interests and needs, and opportunities for close interaction with Women and Gender Studies faculty, Women’s Center staff, Academic Community Housing staff, and TRIOTA student organization members.
The Women’s Leadership House is for female students interested in: Women and Gender Studies, Women’s Leadership, Connecting with students who have common interests, Social Justice.
Why Live In the Women’s Leadership House?
- Development of leadership skills
- Participation in programs focused on women’s issues and history such as field trips, panel discussions, informal lunches, and research talks
- Engagement in community service related to women’s and gender issues
- Connection with upper-class peer mentors who are leaders in Women and Gender Studies through the TRIOTA student organization
- Opportunities to Interact on a personal level with faculty/staff.
For more information, please contact Brittany Dernberger, Assistant Director, Women’s Center at email@example.com (616) 331-2748 or Office of Housing and Residence Life at www.gvsu.edu/housing (616) 331-2120.
Page last modified November 1, 2012