Grand Valley State University Women's Center
Women's Leadership House
Where will you be living next year?
Consider a unique opportunity in the Women's Leadership House!
Opened in Fall 2012, the Women's Leadership House (WLH) provides a small community experience within the larger university.
WLH seeks to cultivate a community of women who are investing in the exploration of their authentic self in order to actively work towards gender justice. Students who live in GVSU’s Women’s Leadership House will be civically engaged and become advocates for change on campus and in the broader community.
The Women’s Leadership House is for students interested in: Women and Gender Studies, gender justice, social justice, women’s leadership, and connecting with like-minded individuals on campus.
Why Live In the Women’s Leadership House?
- Develop leadership skills through cultivation of personal traits, experiences, knowledge, resources, and opportunities
- Engage in service learning related to women’s and gender issues
- Cultivate connections on campus and in the broader community
- Embrace relationship-building within Women’s Leadership House to create an intentional community among residents
- Demonstrate leadership capacity through courageous acts on campus and in the community
How do I sign up?
How to Apply For Living-Learning Communities:
Do NOT participate in the on-line housing selection, Housing will hand place you into your unit.
1. Complete the entire MyHousing Application online. (access it through MyBanner by logging in and selecting “MyHousing”)
*If you are currently living on-campus, you are not required to pay another housing deposit
2. On the MyHousing Application Living Preference Page, select "Academic Communities" then select “Women’s Leadership House” as your first choice
3. Once the MyHousing Application has been processed, you will be sent a confirmation email
4. You will be notified by email if you are accepted to the Living-Learning Community and your placement in housing
For more information, please contact Brittany Dernberger, Women's Leadership House Director at firstname.lastname@example.org (616) 331-2748 or Office of Housing and Residence Life at www.gvsu.edu/housing (616) 331-2120.
Page last modified September 9, 2013