How To Nominate
Nominations for the award may come from the University Community (students, faculty, and staff) or from the community at large (alumni, community members). Members of the Barbara Jordan Committee may not nominate.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- The person nominating a candidate should provide the following material in support:
- A letter explaining your reasons for nomination.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Other relevant documentation.
Nominations and supporting documents are due the last day of January each year. Please submit the materials to the GVSU Women's Center 1201 KC.
The Barbara Jordan Award will be presented at the annual Women's Commission Awards Ceremony during Women's History Month.
The Barbara Jordan Committee is comprised of recipients of the previous three years.