In an effort to complete your requested form in the most efficient way possible we have developed a list of things to consider before submitting your request. We understand that every form is unique so this list is by no mean all inclusive.
Before a request
Providing a rough draft as a word doc, link to another form, or screenshots are extremely helpful.
What information do you want to collect?
- Be specific (First Name, Last Name instead of just name)
- Which information is required
- Be sure that the information collected doesn’t violate FERPA, HIPPA, PCI Compliance, etc. When in doubt, ask.
- Are guest allowed? How many guest can registration bring? What information do you need about the guest (First Name, Last Name, Dietary Restrictions)?
What site do you want this form to appear on (/business or /business/accounting)?
Event details or other non-form content (When, where, presenters bio/information, schedule of events, registration deadlines)
Are there any conditions or limits the for should check for/enforce?
- Is the form event open to everyone, or just a subset of students, faculty, staff, community members?
- What is the capacity for your venue? Should the form limit registration to a certain number of people?
- Do you need final counts by a certain date? Should the form automatically close registration at a certain point?
- If so, what message should be displayed to users after that date?
Are you charging for this event, if so, please use our e-commerce request?
After an individual completes the registration
What information do you want displayed on the confirmation page and confirmation email?
Who should the confirmation message come from (web team or department contact)?
How would you like to receive this information?
- Do you want to be CC'ed on confirmation messages?
- Do you want an export of this information?
- Do you need to manage these registrations beyond a simple export of the information?
Page last modified August 26, 2013