Web Conferencing Support
On-site conferencing technical support is now available for GVSU faculty and staff who would like assistance when conducting a video conference. To schedule a student technician for your next meeting or interview, log-in to the Web Conferencing Support Reservation page, complete the on-line request form and submit it for final processing. The Digital Studio will then contact you once the form has been received and a technician is scheduled for your event.
- FOAP is required to schedule on-site technical support.
- Hourly rate of $25 for the first hour and $12 for each additional hour will be charged back to the FOAP.
- On-site support includes:
Setup - 30 minutes
Teardown - 30 minutes
NOTE: Events on the Pew Campus will also require travel time.
- Reservations must be scheduled 1 week in advance during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Any reservations with less than 1 week notice cannot be guaranteed coverage.
To ensure that your video conference is a complete success, it's recommended that all participants review our Web Conferencing Etiquette &Tips.
- Use a high speed, high bandwidth wired internet connection.
- Familiarize yourself with the conferencing equipment and software.
- Arrange a pre-conference test call prior to your meeting.
For assistance in completing the Web Conferencing Support Reservation form or to schedule a pre-conference test call with one of our student technicians, contact the Digital Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-331-8527.