Veterans Network

File a FAFSA to determine if you are eligible for Federal Grants or Loans

Date: January 1, 2014

Did you know that even if you are receiving GI Bill, or other VA, benefits to pay for your education, you may be eligible for Federal Grants or Loans!  

GVSU Financial Aid webpage:  www.gvsu.edu/financialaid/the-process-50.htm

Better yet, the FAFSA is free and you are under no obligation to  take a nickel, unless you so choose.  If you are using the GI Bill and also qualify for a Pell Grant award, the funds are yours! 

File a FAFSA for 2014-2015 to determine if you are eligible!  The FAFSA will be available JAN. 1, 2014 and you should file as early as possible and before MARCH 1, 2014.

To complete the online FAFSA, you will need: 

a) 2013 W2 (or 2012 if not received)

b) 2013 1040 (or 2012 if not filed)

c)  Driver’s License

Anyone who has served in the US Armed Forces will be classified as "Independent."

If you are classified as a “dependent” student, Ch 35, CH 33 (child transfer), please include the same information (a,b,c) for your parents/guardians.   

See all news

News RSS Feed