Van Andel Global Trade Center
October 7, 2014
VAGTC a Sponsor of the 2nd Annual Global Trade Days
September 4, 2014
U.S. Trade Gap Narrowed in July
August 5, 2014
Executive Pleads Guilty to Price Fixing on Automobile Parts...
July 21, 2014
MDARD Midwest Buyers Mission 2014
June 25, 2014
Bulman Products expands through global markets...
- See all news items
15th Auto Suppliers Symposium at GVSU with Special Guest
Date: February 28, 2014
For Immediate Release
February 19, 2014
Contact: Dottie Barnes, GVSU University Communications, (616) 331-2221
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The 15th Automotive Suppliers Symposium, hosted by Grand Valley State University’s Van Andel Global Trade Center, will be held March 6 on Grand Valley’s Pew Grand Rapids Campus.
The symposium brings together suppliers from all parts of the automotive global supply chain to learn about current industry happenings and best practices, and to hear the latest industry forecast. The theme for this year’s conference is “What’s Your Global Positioning Strategy?” Participants will learn what companies have done to manage rapid growth over recent years, and how they are preparing for the future.
15th Automotive Suppliers Symposium
Loosemore Auditorium, GVSU Pew Grand Rapids Campus
401 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids
• Nigel Francis, senior automotive adviser to the State of Michigan and senior vice president of the Automotive Industry Office at the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
Francis develops and implements a strategic plan and road map to promote, retain and grow the automotive industry in Michigan. He serves as the state’s central connection point for automotive stakeholders.
• Jay Baron, president and CEO of the Center for Automotive Research (CAR)
Baron leads the Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology Group at CAR. His research has involved automotive tooling, vehicle assembly, process validation and competitive evaluation of technologies of light-weight material processing.
Other speakers include:
• Mike Wall of IHS Automotive will give a global industry forecast
• Steven Proctor of American Axle Manufacturing will serve as an industry panelist
• Peter Hungerford of ADAC Automotive will serve as an industry panelist
• Kevin Clay of Pridgeon & Clay will serve as an industry panelist
- Governor Rick Snyder
Plante and Moran is the title sponsor of the symposium. Additional event sponsors include: Chase, Warner Norcross and Judd, IHS Automotive, Morrison Industrial Equipment, The Right Place, Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC), Pure Michigan, and WGVU.
Registration is $200. To register or for more information, visit www.vagtc.org or call (616) 331-6811.