University Counsel Office
Agreement to Participate and Release of Liability
1. Before distributing the Release, fill in the blanks and the examples of obvious and non-obvious risks.
2. Distribute the Release sufficiently in advance of the activity to give each prospective participant a chance to read it and think about it.
3. In any oral or written communications accompanying the Release, make clear that the Release is voluntary (in the sense that the Releasor is not required to participate in the underlying activity).
4. Give prospective Releasors an opportunity to ask questions about the Release.
5. Be sure you get back and keep your files the original, signed Release from each participant.
Page last modified October 31, 2011