Traverse City Programs and Majors
Grand Valley State University offers a liberal education focus, emphasizing critical thinking, creative problem solving, and cultural understanding. At the undergraduate level, Grand Valley partners with Northwestern Michigan College allowing students to complete all requirements for their undergraduate degrees in Traverse City.
Completion of a bachelor's degree is available through the programs listed below. Students who already have a bachelor's degree but want to get teacher certification can complete that through a customized teacher certification program.
- Teacher Certification - Elementary or Secondary
- Liberal Studies
Graduate opportunities are available in Traverse City in the following areas of study.
Master of Education
- Instruction and Curriculum, emphasis in Elementary Education
- Instruction and Curriculum, Early Childhood Education (ZS), General and Special Education
- Special Education, emphasis in Cognitive Impairment
- Elementary Education
- Cognitive Impairment
- Early Childhood Education (ZS)
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
A description of programs available at other Michigan locations of Grand Valley State University can be accessed by clicking on the 'Academic Programs' button on the right.
Phone 231-995-1785 • email@example.com