Traverse City Programs and Majors
Grand Valley State University offers a liberal education focus, emphasizing critical thinking, creative problem solving, and cultural understanding. At the undergraduate level, Grand Valley partners with Northwestern Michigan College allowing students to complete all requirements for their undergraduate degrees in Traverse City.
Completion of a bachelor's degree is available through the program listed below. Students who already have a bachelor's degree but want to get teacher certification can complete that through a customized teacher certification program.
- Liberal Studies (sample concentrations)
- Child Development and Social Constructionism
- Environmental Leadership
- Environmental Leadership w/Freshwater Studies Associate Degree
- Health and Human Development (Pre-Med, Pre-PA, Pre-OT)
- Humanities and Culture
- Law and Society (Pre-Law
- Social Progress and Behavioral Sciences
- Social Entrepreneur Leadership
- Other concentrations available see GVSU advisor
- Nursing RN/BSN (Hybrid program)
Graduate opportunities are available in Traverse City in the following areas of study.
Master of Education
- Instruction and Curriculum, Early Childhood Education (ZS), General and Special Education
- Special Education, emphasis in Cognitive Impairment
- Cognitive Impairment
- Early Childhood Education (ZS)
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (Hybrid Program)
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Clinical Research Trials Management Certificate
- Certificate in Sustainability in Public and Nonprofit Organizations
A description of programs available at other Michigan locations of Grand Valley State University can be accessed by clicking on the 'Academic Programs' button on the right.
Phone 231-995-1785 • email@example.com