Teaching Collaborative Writing for Group Projects
Students are commonly asked across many departments and colleges at the university to work on teams to produce documents, yet often with little instruction on how to do so.
In order to support better student collaborative writing, this workshop will provide pedagogical strategies for teaching team-based writing projects in SWS. Topics will include:
- Invention, revision, and editing practices for collaborative writing.
- Organizational and communication strategies for effective team work.
- Methods for evaluating student participation in collaborative projects.
- Technologies to facilitate research and writing in group projects.
So come join us for the workshop, ask your questions about teaching collaborative writing, and share successful tips of your own which you might have. The workshop will be held on both the Pew and Allendale campuses:
- Tuesday, November 11, 9-10 a.m. (DEV 115A)
- Thursday, November 13, 9-10 a.m. (HRY 114)
UC Davis's Group Work and Collaborative Writing
Charlie Lowe's Project Log description and Project Peer Evaluation form
Penney Nichols-Whitehead's Grant Writing Project:
- Psychology: Penney Nichols-Whitehead
- University Libraries: Sarah Beaubien & Emily Frigo
- Writing: Charlie Lowe