Sustainable Agriculture Project
Cilantro Serrano Cream Sauce
1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 Serrano Chile peppers, seeded and chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place cilantro, serrano peppers, garlic, mayonnaise, and cream into a blender
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Puree until smooth, about 15 seconds.
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place the jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, and ginger into a food processor or blender; pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are finely chopped.
2. Pour in the lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, and salt, add the cilantro leaves; pulse a few times to blend.
3. Turn the food processor or blender on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated into the dressing.
4. Season to taste with salt before serving.
Page last modified January 17, 2013