SORB is a board of staff and students who are charged with reviewing applications for new student organizations. The board meets each month during the academic year to review applications and make a decision.
The purpose of the Student Organization Review Board (SORB) is to:
- Review student organization registration requests and determine classification status.
- Review complaints regarding student organizations and conduct the Student Organization Misconduct Review Process.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual student organization recognition and awards process.
The Student Organization Review Board will meet on a monthly basis during the fall and winter semesters. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed. Attendance at meetings is required by board members. A quorum of four SORB members is required to conduct official business. SORB meetings are closed meetings unless approved by the chair in advance.
The Student Organization Review Board will consist of the following eight members:
- Student Organization Development Coordinator (Chair)
- Student Senate President or designated Cabinet Member
- Two students appointed by the Director of Student Life
- Two professional staff representatives from the Division of Student Services
- One graduate assistant from the Office of Student Life appointed by the Director of Student Life
- One student staff assistant from the Office of Student Life (non-voting)
The Director or an Assistant Director of Student Life will act as the SORB Chair if the Student Organization Development Coordinator is unable due to absence or conflict of interest. Vacancies will be filled by the Director of Student Life.
FALL 2014 & WINTER 2015 Dates
|September 26, 2014||10AM||KC 2259|
|October 24, 2014||10AM||KC 2259|
|November 21, 2014||10AM||KC 2259|
|December 5, 2014||10AM||KC 2259|
|January 23, 2015||10AM||KC 2259|
|February 20, 2015||10AM||KC 2259|
|March 13, 2015||10AM||KC 2259|
|March 27, 2015||10AM||KC 2259|
|April 17, 2015||10AM||KC 2259|
Page last modified June 10, 2014