Service & Advocacy Council
Additional Funding Guidelines for the Service and Advocacy Council
- Organizations cannot charge teams to sign up/ participate in an event/program. Having spectators (for free) does not simply qualify the event, even if the proceeds are going to charity). February 16, 2009
- Dues for nationally affiliated chapters (such as Habitat for Humanity) are eligible but only if the affiliation is associated with a charter and are not individually based. February 16, 2009
- T-shirts are not funded (voted on by S & A Council on February 16, 2009)
- Honoraria per person is capped at $25 and cannot be used for GVSU students, faculty, staff or otherwise affiliated individuals. (voted on by S & A Council on February 16, 2009. Amount revised from $30 to $25 to adhere to university policies September 8, 2009.)
- Craft and arts supplies totaling less than $50 should be requested from the Creation Station in the SOC.
- Materials used for fundraisers (such as baking supplies for a bake sale) and materials for donation purposes (ie fabric to create blankets to donate to a local non-profit) are not eligible for funding.
Page last modified August 9, 2013