School of Social Work
Hooding and Recognition Ceremony
April 25, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Grand Rapids First Church
The Hooding and Recognition Ceremony will take place on
Friday, April 25th 2014 from 6-8:30pm at Grand Rapids First Church
(2100 44th St SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49519)
The venue is large enough to accommodate all student’s family and friends (no tickets necessary)
1. All students are to arrive at 5:00 p.m.
2. Release forms must be filled out (passed out in your capstone class the week of March 17th)
3. All students are to wear their caps and gowns
Purchase these April 16 & 17, 2014 at DeVos Center, Loosemore Exhibition Hall 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
(You may iron your gowns using a warm setting, or toss gowns in the dryer along with a damp cloth for 5-7 minutes or so, on low heat. Remove the gown from the dryer immediately, and place it on a hanger.)
4. MSW students will have hoods along with their caps and gowns. It helps to remove them from the package and hang them by the tip for a day.
5. Plan to wear comfortable, professional attire under your robes. You will be on your feet for a bit, so take that into consideration. Remember bring hairpins to secure your caps if you need them.
6. BSW and MSW students will gather in the chapel prior to processing to the auditorium. There will be ushers to direct you.
7. MSW Students - Social work faculty members will assist with a brief tutorial on how to hold your hood.
8. If you need special assistance pleaselet us know by Friday, April 4, 2014. Please contact email@example.com
9. Light refreshments (cookies and juice) will be served after the ceremony, which is expected to last about an hour and a half.
Map to church: