What is TRiO Student Support Services?
- Grand Valley State University's TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federally-funded, comprehensive support program for first-generation and financially-eligible college students. Professional advisors and student peer mentors provide an array of services designed to help students meet their personal, academic, and career goals.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Participants must be undergraduate students admitted to Grand Valley. Additionally, participants must be first-generation college students (neither parent graduated with a bachelor's degree) who meet federal income guidelines and have a need for academic assistance or be Pell eligible.
How do I know if SSS is right for me?
- Do I need assistance with:
- Study techniques or test-taking techniques?
- Managing my time?
- Creating an academic plan?
- Being admitted to a secondary admission program?
- Filing my FAFSA?
- Securing loans and scholarships?
- Exploring different majors?
- Interview skills?
- Exploring various career opportunities?
- Constructing an effective resume and portfolio?
- Applying to graduate school?
- Addressing personal concerns?
- Meeting other students on campus?
- Finding resources on campus and in the community?
- Finding volunteer opportunities?
- Studying Abroad?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then TRiO SSS is right for you!