Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management
- Only GVSU individuals and scheduled groups are allowed use of fields - contact 331-3313 or visit our website: www.gvsu.edu/sports facilities
- Use of all fields, as participants or spectators, is "at your own risk." All facility users/spectators should proceed with care and use fields with caution
- No alcohol, smoking or tobacco substances allowed.
- No food allowed on the artificial turf surface including gum, candy and sunflower seeds.
- Water is the only beverage allowed on the artificial turf surface.
- Please pick up/remove all trash after use
- No spitting on the artificial turf surface
- No vehicles permitted on field. Golf carts are permitted to serve the needs on the perimeter of each field.
- Plastic cleats are allowed, no metal cleats on the artificial turf surface.
- Track spikes must be pyramid spikes no longer than ¼ inch on track surface.
- No field paint/chalk allowed on the artificial turf surface.
- Use of fields must be in compliance with GVSU's student code at all times. Inappropriate or unsportsmanlike behavior and language may result in immediate and/or long term denial of access to outdoor fields.
- For health and safety, no pets or animals are allowed on fields or in spectator areas.
- Cease activity during bad weather, and/or in conjunction with GVSU officials and staff.
- Return all equipment to original condition after each use.
- For Safety, do not allow soccer goals and netting to be climbed on.
- Parking or unloading is not permitted on or near fields. Park and unload in paved lots only.
- Hitting of golf balls is not permitted on fields.
- Do not enter fenced varsity soccer field or track stadium without a confirmed reservation.
- Open recreation for activities such as touch football, frisbee, soccer are permitted on the multi-purpose field when no other activities are scheduled if such usage does not damage turf.
- GVSU is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- In case of emergency call 911 or 331-3255 to contact GVSU campus police.
Kelly Family Sports Center Homepage
Page last modified April 13, 2012