Welcome to the Sport Leadership Program
Benefits of the Program
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate students
- Small class sizes enable skill development
- Flexible major or minor
- Excellent General Education courses
- Internships nationwide
- The department is staffed with PhDs from top graduate programs.
- Our focus is undergraduate education.
- Multiple professors have won awards for their teaching.
- Professors are published experts in their subfields.
Meet our faculty
Contact information, fields of specialization, and faculty profiles
Current students and graduates can be found working at all levels of sports including:
- Middle School and High School Athletics
- West Michigan Sports Commission
- U.S. Olympics Committee
- American Hockey League
- NCAA Division I and Division II Collegiate Athletics
- National Basketball Association
- National Football League
- Major League Baseball
- Private Fitness Clubs
- Graduate Assistantships
Internships, Jobs and Careers
Your career starts with you, develops in the classroom, and continues in the field. Sport Leadership is an excellent preparation for a wide variety of jobs and careers. Many classes feature hands on experience, simulations and real-world problem solving. Our small class sizes enable you to develop the skills needed to advance in your career and/or graduate school:
- Critical thinking
- Data analysis
- Digital literacy
- Oral communication
We require internships for our students. Internships are available all over the state of Michigan and the country!