General advising guide for those majoring in Sport Leadership.
Curriculum Guide - 2017-18 Catalog Year
Students should meet with their academic advisor to make sure they are on track to graduate and taking the proper courses. Additional resources and support can be found at the CLAS Academic Advising Center
The Certificate in Sport Coaching provides prospective coaches with theoretical knowledge and practical experiences in accordance with the National Standards for Sport Coaching. Coaching stresses the importance of developing an athlete-centered philosophy and a scientifically-based understanding of current issues in sports medicine, motor learning and coaching theory. Students completing the Certificate in Sport Coaching will have a record of this accomplishment appear on their academic transcript.
The coursework consists of:
- MOV 201: Psycho-social Aspects of Physical Education and Sport;
- MOV 217: Modern Principals of Athletic Training;
- MOV 218: Modern Principals of Athletic Training Lab;
- PED 355: Current Topics in Coaching;
- PED 390: Practicum in Coaching;
IMPORTANT: In order to receive your Coaching Certificate, you must complete the following:
- Download and thoroughly complete the Certificate Application Form
- Fill in "Name of Certificate: Coaching Certificate"
- Fill in "Department: Movement Science"
- Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org