School of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration
Alumni News and Featured Alumni
Our graduates are leaders. They lead their communities and organizations on the basis of advanced skills with a dedication to democratic values and public service. In today's global society, such leadership takes many forms and occurs in a variety of settings. The mission of the academic programs in public and nonprofit administration is to develop both the general knowledge and specific abilities needed for leadership in a fast changing world.
Here are some updates for recent Alumni:
- Paul Sapp (MPA, 2012) is now the Executive Assistant at ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Jill May (MPA, 2003) is now the Director of Fund Development at The Right Place, Inc. in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Jessica Manier (MPA, 2012) is now the Independent Living Advocate-I&R Specialist/Events Planner at Superior Alliance for Independent Living (SAIL), in Marquette Township, MI.
- Megan Koops-Fisher (MPA, 2008) is now the Technical Assistant Consultant for Public Will Build and Advocacy at Early Childhood Investment Corporation in Allegan, MI.
- Andrew Crosby (MPA, 2011) is now a Doctoral Student at University of Illinois – Chicago.
- Raquel DeLeon (MPA, 2011) is now the eMarketing and Events Specialist at Heart of West Michigan United Way, in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Mandi Chasey (MPA 2006) is now the Director of Business and Economic Services for Ogemaw County at Michigan Works!
- Rebecca Brinkley (MPA, 2011) is now the Social Media Coordinator at Vancouver Food Cooperative, in Portland, Oregon.
The alumni profiles presented below are but a sample of the many graduates of our programs. They can be found in a wide range of organizational settings -- in government, academia, the nonprofit sector, health care, and criminal justice - and throughout the region, nation, and world.
Public service in the 21st century is indeed a diverse field, offering our graduates a variety of opportunities for meaningful careers. What these profiles illustrate is a shared concern for and ability to apply advanced skills towards advancing the well being of people and their communities. While each alumnus possesses a distinct set of interest and skills, they all recognize the value of the education they received at GVSU and how it helped them to achieve their goals. The faculty of SPNHA is both proud and humbled to have such outstanding graduates and we are dedicated to building and sustaining a tradition of excellence in public service.
- Gregory Sundstrom '83
- Curtis Holt '87
- Barbara VanDuren '96
- Jerry DeRuiter '97
- Linda Likely '98
- John Foster '99
- Steven Patrick '00
- Magda Borys '01
- James Ypma '01
- Doug Lipinski '02
- Izabela Portka '02
- Elizabeth Roe '02
- Frank Wash '02
- Korrie Ottenwess '03
- Katherine Fuller '07
- Megan Koops-Fisher '08
- Brian Flanagan '09
- Mary Dailey Brown '10
- Brandon Seng '10
- Melissa Miller '10
- Michael Soltis '10
- Sarah Spencer Smith '10
- Wes Miller '10
Page last modified July 10, 2012