Social Media Graphic Designer Student Position
The Grand Valley social media team is looking for a graphic designer to join the University Communications office. The internship will provide first-hand experience in social media content strategy, development and production.
This position will open spring 2018.
- 10-15 hours a week
- Paid, flexible schedule
- Develop graphics, images and designs for Grand Valley’s official social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Stay on brand and message while creating graphics that tell the Grand Valley story.
- Pitch and present design ideas for campaigns and single pieces of content, for stories, holidays, etc.
- Collaborate with social media manager and fellow social media interns on long-term and short-term projects.
- Stay current with emerging design trends and evaluate its potential use for Grand Valley’s social media efforts.
- Grand Valley student, any major.
- Aptitude in graphics and design is required.
- Skills: advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Possession of creativity, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Understands important role visuals play in social media engagement and content creation.
- Understands the role of social media for a business, specifically for a university or college.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while judging several projects at once.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and in a fast-paced environment on a team.
- Be an avid and sophisticated consumer and user of social media, and have familiarity and experience with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Design the following:
- A Snapchat geofilter idea for Grand Valley’s Allendale Campus
- A graphic for commencement