GVSF Mission Statement
GVSU Shakespeare Festival Mission, Vision, and Values
The Grand Valley Shakespeare Festival explores and celebrates Shakespeare and his culture for the West Michigan community and beyond through theatre and education.
The GV Shakespeare Festival is a creative environment for educational and artistic excellence for a diverse and growing population.
KING HENRY THE FOURTH, PART ONE, 2004
- Shakespearean Tradition: Investigation of shared humanity.
- Arts: performing, literary, visual, and scholarly.
- Excellence: professionalism, discipline, rigor, quality, hard work, aesthetics.
- Learning: educating, outreach, and enrichment.
- Collaboration: including vigorous participation of students, faculty from a variety of disciplines, professional artists, staff, community members, scholars. Intrinsic to theatre and bedrock of relationships. Sharing.
- Enjoyment: providing a welcoming atmosphere to engage participation in fun and gratifying activities.
- Future-thinking: maintaining a legacy of success and sound management.
- Relevance: providing events and activities that are available and affordable to diverse populations.