Student Readiness Resources
This interactive module will offer faculty, staff and student organizations the opportunity to prepare for meaningful, respectful, and productive community engagement experiences. In the future, additional modules will be posted on topics such as professionalism and power/privilege.
Module I: Introduction to Civic Engagement at GVSU
- Preview this module here: https://goo.gl/MURx5V
- Download and install this module in Blackboard here: https://goo.gl/Sqs5fd
- For instructions on how to install the module: Instructions
Module I: Introduction to Civic Engagement at GVSU Supplementary Resources
"Only Connect" by William Cronon
- Cronon provides an introduction to the purpose of liberal education and the relationship between education, responsibility and community.
"What Do we Mean by Civic Engagement?" by Richard Adler and Judy Goggin
- A journal article providing overview of the concept and rationale for civic engagement in higher education.
"The Active Citizen Continuum" Break Away