July 1, 2014
GV Magazine story:
February 11, 2014
CSLC Newsletter 2/11/2014
January 30, 2014
Wesley Fellowship Spring Break Service Trip to Detroit
January 15, 2014
First Newsletter of the Semester!
September 16, 2013
Registration for Make a Difference Day is now open!
- See all news items
Kids Food Basket AmeriCorps VISTA needed! Apply now!
Date: May 1, 2012
Position Available- AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate
Apply online by May 7 (*recommended to apply early!)
This position will work directly with Kids Food Basket (in partnership with the LEAGUEMichigan and GVSU Community Service Learning Center). This individual will address childhood hunger in the Kent County community by providing education to kids (kindergarten through 5th grade) in Kids Food Basket (KFB) partnering programs/secondary schools as well as work with KFB staff and representatives from the LEAGUEMichigan to pilot a new service learning program for KFB.
We are looking for a student who:
- Is available June 14- August 3
- Aspires to be a k-12 educator or related field and/or enjoys working with youth
- Has a background working with youth, familiarity with service learning concepts, and ability to capture and keep the attention of kids (not required but is helpful
- Must have reliable transportation (will receive mileage for traveling for KFB
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Requirements (articulated by MiCC)
- At least 18 years of age
- Must serve on a full-time basis
- Cannot have outside employment
- May take no more than one educational course during service (Permission of project supervisor is required)
A subsistence allowance between $892 and $973 per month. Summer Associates will be paid based upon this rate over the eight weeks of their service
A $1,174 education award from the National Service Trust upon completion of service or a $125 per month cash stipend
Student Loan forbearance (if Education Award is elected)
Training and professional development
How to Apply: Visit the Michigan Campus Compact website ("how to apply”) at http://www.micampuscompact.org/mccsummerassociates.aspx)
*Students cannot have other employment and can only be enrolled in 1 class during the time of service. Schedule is flexible but will be 40 hours a week during the 8 week period