3026 L. William Seidman Center
School of Accounting
David is an affiliate instructor in the School of Accounting. He earned both his B.B.A. and M.B.A. from Western Michigan University. In the past David has held positions of auditor, plant controller and corporate controller for various companies. While in these positions he started teaching part-time and currently teaches full time. He has taught a wide variety of business subjects at other schools ranging from business math to business law and many levels of accounting. He currently teaches financial accounting, managerial accounting and graduate advanced accounting. David is also a member of the IMA and the MACPA. He is a faculty advisor for Grand Valley's student chapter of the IMA.
- MBA, Finance, Western Michigan University. (1983).
- BBA, Accounting, Western Michigan University. (1981).
- Fanning, K., Centers, D. (2012). Platform as a Service. Is it time to switch? Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 23(5), 21-25.
- Goldberg, S. R., Centers, D. (2012). Why Most Audit Ethics Courses Don't Work. Journal of Corporate Accounting & finance, May-June 2012, 23-25.
- Community, Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity, Committee Member, appointed. (June 2011 - Present).
- Student Organization, Institute of Management Accountants, Student Org Advisor (Professional Org). (December 2009 - Present).
- College, Professional Development Committee, Committee Member, appointed. (September 2008 - Present).