3036 L. William Seidman Center
School of Accounting
Marinus earned his Ph.D. at The Ohio State University in 1991 and is a non-practicing CPA (Ohio) since 1996. Marinus started his career at GVSU in 1991 and teaches financial reporting at the undergraduate level and financial statement analysis at the graduate level. Marinus' research focus is on the decision-usefulness of reported financial information.
- PH.D., Accounting, Microeconomics and Statistics, The Ohio State University. (1991).
- BA, Accounting, Grand Valley State University. (1987).
- Bhagwat, Y., DeBruine, M., Growe, G. (2012). Are High Earners in the Oil and Gas Industry Accurately Priced? Oil Gas and Energy Quarterly, 61(2), 319-333.
- Bettinghaus, B., DeBruine, M., Sopariwala, P. (2012). Idle Capacity Costs: It's Not Just the Expense. Management Accounting Quarterly, 13(2), 1-7.
- DeBruine, M., Sopariwala, P. (2011). Capacity Costs with Time-Based and Use-Based Asset Value Attrition. Accounting Horizons.
- Department, Graduate Accounting Committee, Member, appointed. (September 2008 - Present).
- College, Divisional curriculum committee, approximately 40 hours spent per year, Hours. (September 2005 - Present).
- Community, LOVE INC., Budget Advisor, approximately 40 hours spent per year, Hours. (2000 - Present).