3043 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Blose, Associate Professor of Accounting, received his Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin in 1986. He served in the U.S. Navy as an Oceanographic Research Officer. He has six year of experience as a program evaluator for the U.S. General Accountancy Office. He has taught at Texas State University, Kent State University, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and Grand Valley State University. He has served as an elected Director of the Midwest Finance Association and has edited it's annual proceedings for eight years. He served as the Chairman of the Finance Department for six years. He has over 80 publications, proceedings, and professional meeting presentations and his research has been cited in over 450 research papers and books.
- PH.D., Corporate Finance, Secondary Fields: Statistics and Economics, University of Texas at Austin. (1987).
- MBA, Gannon University. (1976).
- BS, Industrial Management, Gannon University. (1970)
- Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Management,
- Gold pricing issues
- Market efficiency
- Market anomalies
- Dividend and capital structure policies
- Overnight Versus Day Returns in Gold and Gold Related Assets, by Laurence E. Blose and Vijay Gondhalekar, Journal of Economics and Finance, accepted and forthcoming (2017).
- How Unexpected Changes in the CPI and the PPI Affect Expected Inflation and Forward Rates , by Laurence E. Blose, Journal of Business, Industry, and Economics, Vol. 17, (2012) pp. 21-34.
- Gold Prices, Cost of Carry, and Expected Inflation, by Laurence E. Blose. Journal of Economics and Business, Vol 62, Issue 1 (2010) pp. 35-47.
- "Information Asymmetry, Capital Adequacy, and Market Reaction to Loan Loss Provision Announcements in the Banking Industry," by Laurence E. Blose. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 41,(2001) pp. 239-258.
- “Tobin’s q Ratio and Market Reaction to Capital Investment Announcements,” by Laurence E. Blose and Joseph Shieh, The Financial Review, Vol. 32, No. 3, (1997) pp. 449-476.
- "Catastrophic Events, Contagion, and Stock Market Efficiency: The Case of the Space Shuttle Challenger," by Laurence E. Blose, Robin Bornkamp, M. Brier, Kendis Brown and Jerry Frederick, The Review of Financial Economics, Vol. 5-2, (1996), pp. 117-129.
- "The Impact of Gold Price on the Value of Gold Mining Stock," by Laurence E. Blose and Joseph Shieh, Review of Financial Economics, Vol. 4-2, (Fall 1995), pp. 125-38.
- College, Director of Assessment, Committee Chair, approximately 200 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, compensated, Local. (June 1, 2012 - 2015).
- College, Deans Executive Committee, Member, approximately 50 hours spent per year, Hours, elected, Local. (April 2012 - 2015).
- College, Faculty Senate, President/Elect/Past, approximately 12 hours spent per year, Hours, elected, Local. (April 2012 - 2015)