Scholarship is an important part of every academic’s life. One aspect of scholarship that is strongly valued at GVSU is undergraduate research and creative projects.
With deadlines for the McNair Scholarships, the Michigan Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, and the Student Summer Scholars grants approaching, the Office of Undergraduate Research will be hosting a festival of undergraduate research and creative work.*
· Provide a forum to match faculty and interested students
· Showcase recent faculty-student projects from across the disciplines
· Provide a student led panel discussion to allow students to hear the student perspective on undergraduate research activities at GVSU
· Provide a faculty led panel discussion to explore proven methods for effective involvement of undergraduates in faculty research
· Provide networking opportunities for faculty to pursue interdisciplinary projects
The value of this event depends largely on active involvement by both faculty and students. If you are interested in building a community of faculty collaborating with students, we strongly encourage you to attend so that you can meet and mix with our potential undergraduate scholars. Even if you have never involved undergraduates in your research and creative work, come and learn more about this rewarding opportunity.
Please take a few moments to register for the event so that we can accurately gauge the involvement in this important event for our students. Registration is simple, go to www.gvsu.edu/seminar and search for CSCE.