Statistical Consulting Center
Statistics Tuition Scholarship
Scholarships of at least $500 will be available. Each scholarship will be given to a statistics major to honor the student for outstanding performance and to encourage that student to continue in statistics at that level of excellence. These scholarships are made possible by the generous support of contributors to the Statistics Endowment Fund.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the Statistics Tuition Scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the following:
- The student has declared a major in statistics.
- The student has at least 45 credit hours completed by the time of application.
- The student has completed at least 9 credit hours in courses at GVSU with an STA (statistics) designation and is taking courses at GVSU at the time of application;
- The student will return to GVSU the following year as a full-time student.
- The student is expected to take at least one course with an STA designation during the coming Fall and Winter Semesters, Or if graduating in December must take at least one course with an STA designation during the coming Fall semester.
- The student has an overall GPA of 3.2 or better.
Application: Apply online at: myScholarships .
In the evaluation of candidates for a scholarship, both of the above items and your GVSU transcript (which will be obtained from BANNER) will be considered. In addition, the faculty will consider the candidate’s performance in statistics courses at GVSU and any additional research that the candidates have conducted with a statistics faculty member. Preference may be given to applicants who have not been awarded a Statistics Scholarship previously.
Students applying for the statistics scholarship will AUTOMATICALLY be considered for the statistics book scholarship. There is NO NEED to complete separate applications for the statistics scholarship and the statistics book scholarship
Page last modified December 4, 2013