Statistical Consulting Center
Statistics Tuition Scholarship
Scholarships of at least $500 will be available. Each scholarship will be given to a statistics major to honor the student for outstanding performance and to encourage that student to continue in statistics at that level of excellence.
**These scholarships are made possible by the generous support of contributors to the Statistics Endowment Fund.***
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to apply for the Statistics Tuition Scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the following:
- the student has declared a major in statistics;
- the student has at least 45 credit hours completed by the time of application;
- the student has completed at least 9 credit hours in courses at GVSU with an STA (statistics) designation and is taking courses at GVSU at the time of application;
- the student is expected to take at least one course with an STA designation during Fall Semester 2015;
- the student is expected to take at least one course with an STA designation during Winter Semester 2016, this requirement is waived for students graduating in December 2016;
- the student has an overall GPA of 3.2 or better.
In the evaluation of candidates for a scholarship, the above items will be considered. In addition, the faculty will consider the candidate’s performance in statistics courses at GVSU and any additional activities or collaborative research/projects that the candidates has conducted with a statistics faculty member.
The recipient(s) will be announced by the end of the Winter 2015 semester. The scholarships will be given the following fall semester.
Apply online at myScholarships .
Page last modified September 3, 2014