Statistical Consulting Center
Client-Statistical Consultant Agreement
Services provided by SCC (Statistical Consulting Center) are contingent on compliance with the terms below. There is no charge for our services, but clients are limited to 10 hours of assistance per semester. Exceptions to the 10-hour policy may be made for projects in which joint publications are being pursued or for those with potential for future collaborative research.
- I will seek SCC help atleast 2 weeks in advance of any deadlines that might be required of my research work.
- I will provide 24 hours to all parties involved if I must cancel a meeting for any reason.
- Before the first meeting, in order to make the most of my time with my statistical consultants I will make available clearly defined research goals and questions, any cleaned data I have collected, any research papers that may assist the consultants in solving my problem, and the results of any analyses already performed—including plots or graphs.
- I understand that many problems cannot be solved in one meeting and am prepared to have several meetings with the statistical consulting team if needed.
- I understand that I am limited to 10 hours of assistance per semester. I also understand that this 10-hour time limit is not limited to time in meetings but also includes time that my statistical consultants spend working on my project outside of meetings. This typically results in approximately 3 meetings. I also understand that if I need more assistance, co-authorship opportunities must be explored.
- When appropriate I will give feedback regarding my experience with SCC (you will be emailed a link for submitting feedback).
- I have complied with all university and governmental regulations regarding my research. Refer to the guidelines provided by HRRC.
- I understand that I cannot use the SCC for assistance on class projects or homework.
Statistical Consultant Agreements:
- We will notify all parties involved at least 24 hours in advance if we must cancel a meeting.
- We will provide assistance in a timely manner to our clients.
- We will advise clients on appropriate analyses for their data and assist in performing the analyses as time allows and as the client desires.
- We will discuss with the client any statistical assumptions made and potential drawbacks of the analyses.
- We will attempt to communicate the statistical methods used in terms the client understands.
Page last modified September 13, 2012