Grand Valley State University
**Academic Majors Fair 2014**
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Kirkhof Center, Grand River Room
The Majors Fair offers an opportunity for students to explore major choice options with faculty from various departments across the University. This event provides an informal way for students to engage with faculty members to discuss major choices and future career opportunities. Our alumni are invited to participate which gives students an opportunity to network and learn about the world of work.
Majors Fair Objectives:
- Provide information about academic majors to current GVSU students who are pre-major (undecided), are considering changing majors, or are considering secondary and competitive admission programs.
- Assist students in choosing a major so they can declare and set up an academic plan earlier, preferably before scheduling classes for 2013-2014 academic year.
- Provide a less formal environment for students to talk to faculty, professional staff, and alumni about majors and career options.
- Provide an opportunity for students to learn more about career opportunities related to specific majors from faculty members and the Career Center.
- Provide information about funding resources and experiential learning opportunities from representatives of the offices of Financial Aid, Padnos International Center, and Student Life.
Page last modified February 3, 2014