College can be stressful! Here are some general tips to help you manage that stress.
1. Sleep! Getting enough sleep is SO important for your health and well being. College students should sleep around 6-8 hours a night.
2. Prepare a stress self-care plan (in "worksheets" below) to help you manage and prepare for your most stressful weeks.
3. Identify 3 behaviors or tasks that help you cope with your stress including: exercise, massage, meditation, mindful breathing, and listening to music.
4. Take a break! Everyone needs a break every once in a while. Get away for the weekend, go visit your best friends, or take a walk/bike ride.
5. Visit the GVSU Counseling Center, they are a team of trained professionals committed to help improve the mental health of GVSU students through one-on-one counseling, couples counseling, group counseling, special events and seminars, consultation and referrals, emergency services, and peer education.
(College Info Geek video)