Registered Student Organization Handbook
Student ExpectationsStudent Organizations taking off-campus trips funded (all or in part) by the Student Life Fund or arranged with assistance from the Office of Student Life, must adhere to the Student Organization Travel policies and procedures. Arrangements for travel must be discussed in advance with the Student Life Assistant or the Associate Director of Student Life.
Only GVSU students and faculty/staff may travel on behalf of the organization. The Student Life Fund will only fund GVSU student travel expenses.
Participants will adhere to all GVSU conduct codes, conference conduct rules, as well as the rules/laws of the trip location(s). Any participant found to violate rules of conduct or the law will travel back to GVSU immediately at his/her own expense. Participants may be subject to university judicial proceedings if reported to the Dean of Students Office.
The following must be on file in the Office of Student Life before the trip begins:
- A detailed itinerary of trip plans and a full list of participants (noting any authorized drivers).
- Travel Release Statement forms completed and signed by every participant.
- Behavioral Contract forms completed and signed by every participant in conference or professional field trip travel.
Within five business days after the trip, the organization must:
- Submit all receipts to the Office of Student Life for payment/reimbursement of funded expenses with the appropriate Travel Expense Voucher.
- For travel funded by the Student Life Fund, submit an Off-Campus Travel Report form to the Student Senate.
Page last modified November 16, 2009