- Welcome Page
- Table of Contents
Section 1 - Student Organizations at GVSU
- Office of Student Life Mission and Values
- Relationship Statement
- Definition of Registered Student Organizations
- Benefits and Privileges of Registered Student Organizations
- Classification of Student Organizations
- Student Organization Review Board
Section 2 - Registering and Renewing your RSO
- Registration and Renewal
- Requirements for Registration
- How to Start a New Student Organization
- Advisors and Coaches
- Section 3 - Financial Management
Section 4 - Event Planning
- Promoting Your Organization
- Contact Us
Registered Student Organization Handbook
How to Start a New Student Organization
Students interested in forming and registering a new student organization should contact the staff in the Student Organization Center (SOC) for assistance. The SOC is in 0008 Kirkhof Center, 616-331-2360.
The next step is registering online through Orgsync. Once the registration process is started, Office of Student Life staff will assist you with the Student Organization Review Board registration process. Please review Section 2 of this Handbook that outlines the Requirements for Registration.
Further advice can be found at the Student Life web site. Click here for the link.
Page last modified October 16, 2013