Orchestrating Mathematical Discussions in the Secondary Classroom
Date and Time
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Audience: Secondary mathematics teachers of algebra (grades 7 - 12);
- Dates: October 7, November 13, & December 12, 2014;
- Location: GVSU Allendale Campus;
- Description: Based on 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions and materials developed through the award-winning PRIME program. This workshop will provide teachers with concrete guidance for engaging students in meaningful discussions around mathematics in a way that is accessible and manageable for teachers. Content used for examples will be algebra-based. These materials were developed under a grant provided by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Facilitators: Chelsea Ridge & Karen Meyers;
- Cost: $60 for the series; grant funds available to assist with substitute reimbursement costs.