Regional Math and Science Center
C-1-124 Mackinac Hall
Ed. S. Education Administration, University of Nebraska at Kearney, Nebraska
- Co P.I. for the Michigan Mathematics and Science Teacher Leadership Collaborative Grant. This grant is a partnership with the Michigan Mathematics and Science Center Network, local school districts, Saginaw Valley State University, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, and University of Michigan – Dearborn. The Collaborative is building a cadre of teacher leaders in mathematics and science targeted to high-needs schools. MMSTLC is a multi-year Math/Science Partnership grant with a $6M collaborative budget.
- Grand Valley’s representative to the Michigan Space Grant Consortium and administrator of the fellowships, faculty seed grant, and program grants awarded by the consortium. The MSGC provides $35-45K of funding yearly.
RMSC representative to the following regional and state organizations:
- Kent Intermediate School District Curriculum Directors
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District Curriculum Directors
- Building a Presence for Science Advisory Board
- Michigan Science Olympiad State Executive Board
Background Information / Interests
I have been involved with K-12 science education for 45 years as an elementary, middle and secondary science teacher, college instructor, and administrator. I have taught biology, chemistry and earth science at a variety of grade levels. In the last ten years, I have focused on working with teachers to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they need to serve their schools and districts as teacher leaders in science and mathematics.
Page last modified January 5, 2011