Regional Math and Science Center
C-1-126 Mackinac Hall
M.A. Science Education
- Instructor - teacher professional development workshops.
- Battle Creek Science Kits - Trainer.
- Science Matters Network - maintain database and serve as region contact person.
- Elementary Science Olympiad - help maintain and coordinate kit checkout.
- sHaPe Health Professions summer camp - Co-director.
- InterChange Newsletter - help coordinate electronic edition.
- Michigan Science Olympiad - Region 12 Assistant Director.
- Archiving - archive materials from past events and programs for University Archiving.
- RMSC website - help with website editing.
For over 20 years, I have enjoyed teaching science in West Michigan, mainly at the middle school level. I have also taught at the elementary and high school level and am NCLB Highly Qualified. I have experience teaching biology, chemistry, physics, and earth science in classrooms as well as teaching math to gifted and talented students. One of my favorite events at RMSC is Science Olympiad as I used to be a coach! As a mother of three children, I have a passion for helping teachers be even more effective science educators for this next generation.
Page last modified May 21, 2013