Regional Math and Science Center
Discovering STEM Kits General Information
It is the purpose of the Regional Math & Science Center to provide students and parents with high quality hands-on learning activities that are rich in content, engaging, and enjoyable. The kits are designed to incorporate real world concepts that pique student interests and critical thinking skills while also motivating performance in STEM subjects.
Kit Background Information
The Discovering STEM kits program, developed by the staff at the Regional Math and Science Center and Professor Char Beckmann from Grand Valley State University, is modeled after the highly successful Elementary Science Olympiad (ESO) Fun Day program. Secondary education Science Olympiad competitions have had a long history at Grand Valley State University so it is fitting that the Regional Math and Science Center provide these tools to enhance STEM learning, skills, and knowledge for elementary students as well.
Borrowing the Kits
- Email (email@example.com) or call Diane Miller (616.331.8932) with dates/times you are thinking about reserving kits.
- Fill out reservation form and email or fax (616.331.3412) to Diane Miller.
- Reserve up to 24 kits out at one time.
- Pick-up & drop off at GVSU Allendale Campus between 8AM and 5PM.
- Return kits within one week.
- Check math kit materials and consumable list prior to event (on kit description page).
- Replace all consumables.
Fill out evaluation forms or take survey (see link below).
Kit Descriptions and Common Core State Standards by subject
For more information contact Diane Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 616.331.8932.
Our evaluation form can be filled out by following this link....
Click here to take survey
Page last modified February 11, 2014