Regional Math and Science Center
C-1-121 Mackinac Hall
B.A. Major in Math and Spanish with an emphasis in Secondary Education
Hope College, Holland, MI
- Michigan Science Olympiad, help with regional MSO event at GVSU.
- RMSC website, help with website editing.
- Teacher Professional Workshops, develop, plan, coordinate, and instruct.
- PRIME, help coordinate conferences.
- Social Networking, including Facebook and Twitter
Prior to coming to the Regional Math and Science Center, I was a high school math teacher for 3 years. Although my favorite subject is algebra, I enjoyed teaching not only algebra but also geometry, algebra 2, Spanish, and statistics. Throughout those years, I also enjoyed coaching tennis and volleyball, starting a chess club, and chaperoning various trips. While I was at Hope College, I had the opportunity to study abroad for a semester in Salamanca, Spain. Also, I completed undergraduate research in student misconceptions in the math classroom. As part of the research, we conducted a three day Professional Development for teachers on identifying and correction student misconceptions. During the past five summers, I enjoyed working with the Trio Upward Bound program at Hope College.
Page last modified August 12, 2013