Regional Math and Science Center
About the Regional Math and Science Center
Who we are...
The Regional Math and Science Center (RMSC) serves students, teachers, parents, school districts, business and industry and other organizations interested and involved in mathematics and science education.
To provide and coordinate leadership programs and services to achieve excellence for all in the teaching, learning, and application of mathematics and science.
Math and Science: Excitement in Learning for Success in Living
- Excitement: The key to engaging and inspiring the next generation of mathematicians and scientists toward
- Learning: The means to acquiring the content and process knowledge of these disciplines required for
Success in Living: As an informed and productive citizenry.
Meet our Staff
What we do...
The nurturing of our natural instincts through stimulating and innovative experience is the key to motivating individual toward an in-depth pursuit of the study of mathematics and science. In our technology-rich world, success in school, career, and life depends on our ability to apply the principles of mathematics, science, and technology to real-world situations.
The Regional Math and Science Center at Grand Valley State University addresses these matters by providing a mosaic of mathematics and science services to our community including:
- Professional Learning for teachers to introduce new techniques, explore curricular issues, and offer in-depth training on critical topics.
- Curriculum Support for schools by providing information about exemplary curricula and other needed resources in support of state and national standards.
- Student Services that provide informational and motivational opportunities for K-12 students.
- Leadership to the community by fostering collaboration and cooperation with stakeholders to advance STEM education.
- Community Involvement that actively builds partnerships and fosters cooperation and collaboration.
- Resource Clearinghouse that serves to identify resources, communicate their availability, and enhance and coordinate their usage.
The Regional Math and Science Center is one of several such organizations serving the state and is a member of the Michigan Mathematics and Science Centers Network. The Center serves students, teachers, parents, school districts, business and industry, and other organizations interested and involved in mathematics and science education.
Who we serve...
Grand Valley State University has been serving the needs of area K-12 schools for several decades and, in 1994, established the RMSC. As part of a statewide network, the Center collaborates with the K-12 higher education communities, informal science and governmental organizations and business and industry to coordinate the science and mathematics outreach activities in the West Michigan area. This region includes:
- Three West Michigan counties: Kent, Montcalm, and Ottawa
- 36 public school districts, 485 buildings
- Over 200,000 K - 12 students
- Main office is located on the Allendale Campus of Grand Valley State University
Everyone is welcome to see our...
More about the Center...
The Regional Math and Science Center is one of several such organizations serving the state and is a member of the Michigan Mathematics and Science Centers Network.
- Michigan Mathematics and Science Center Network http://www.mimathandscience.org.
- MMSCN Annual Report
Need help finding us?
- Here are directions.
Interested in previous RMSC programs?
Page last modified January 2, 2013