Automobile Accident Reporting
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
- Remain at the scene. Do not move the vehicle unless it presents a safety hazard to others. If someone is hurt, call an ambulance, hospital or physician promptly. Warn other motorist and place flares, cones or warning signals as appropriate.
- Report accident to appropriate authorities. Report any accidents involving serious injury or damage promptly to the nearest police officer. If you cannot leave the vehicle or get to a telephone, ask a passing motorist to call.
- Gather accident information. Obtain the name and address of the driver of the other vehicle(s) as well as the name and address of any injured person(s). Obtain the license number of the other vehicle(s) as well as the license number of any other driver(s) involved. You will need to complete a diagram of the accident at a later time, so attempt to form a written or mental picture of how the accident happened. If possible, take photographs of the scene and the damages to all vehicles and property.
- Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Contact Risk Management at GVSU. Contact Michael Doxey or Darla Bennett 616.331.2067 as soon as possible to report the accident.
- Call The ASU Group at 866-283-0783.