What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer is a straightforward opportunity to use your Grand Valley-earned credit to finish up your incomplete associate’s degree. For a variety of reasons, students may transfer to a four-year college or university before finishing an associate’s degree. By working together to establish Reverse Transfer agreements, Michigan’s community colleges and universities are creating a direct school-to-school communication stream to expedite the awarding of associate's degrees left unfinished after students transfer to a four year school. The process works by transferring credit back to your community college and applying it to the outstanding associate's degree requirements.


Page last modified September 4, 2013