Last Date of Academic Activity Process
Why is the reporting of the Last Date of Academic Activity (LDAA) required?
- Effective Winter 2012, regulations governing federal financial aid require recipient students to attend their classes or else their aid must be returned by GVSU. LDAA must be reported for students who receive a final grade of "F" or "NC." Note: LDAA is not required for mid-term grade entry.
How to report Last Date of Academic Activity
What is the format to be used in entering the date for LDAA?
- Banner only accepts a last date of academic activity in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY
How will I know what dates to use when reporting LDAA?
- Each faculty member will get an email that shows the dates to use for each of their courses. Emails will be sent approximately one week prior to grading.
What do I enter for the LDAA if the student never attended?
- Please refer to the email that shows the dates to use for your course which will be sent approximately one week prior to grading.
What do I enter if the student stopped attending at some point during the semester?
- The LDAA will be the last date of academic activity.
What are examples of academic activity?
- Physically attending a class
- Submitting an academic assignment either in class or on Blackboard
- Taking a quiz or an exam
- Attending a study group that is assigned by the institution
- Participating in an online discussion
Note: academic activity does not include academic advising or logging into an online course without active participation.
What do I report if the student earned an “F” or “NC” and attended the entire semester?
- Refer to the email that shows the dates to use for your course which will be sent approximately one week prior to grading.
- Click here for a full listing of LDAA dates.
Step-by-step instructions on entering LDAA can be found here.
Click here for grade entry instructions.
Other questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To find what date to use for the LDAA(s) for your courses click here.