Instructor Mentorship Program
Accepting applications for Fall 2016
Campus Recreation takes on GVSU students who have little or no experience teaching that are looking for help in the process of obtaining a professional certification and want to gain skills as an instructor. Aspiring instructors/students are paired up with more experienced instructors who help them develop their skills as they slowly take on more and more teaching responsibility over the course of a semester.
- Enrolled at GVSU student
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing and/or minimally 2 semesters remaining at GVSU
- Must plan to obtain a nationally recognized certification or have a certification with no teaching experience
- Submit a resume and letter explaining your professional goals via email to Campus Recreation at email@example.com
- Applicants will be contacted if they are granted an interview
- A select few students will be chosen each semester. The number will vary based on the number of skilled mentor instructors available
- Sign-on as a mentee and agree to expectations of the development program.
- Upon completion of program, complete a demo class as part of the hiring/selection process to become an instructor for Campus Recreation.