Instructor Mentorship Program
Accepting applications for Winter 2014 & Fall 2014
Campus Recreation takes on GVSU students who have little or no experience teaching that are looking for help in the process of obtaining a professional certification and want to gain skills as an instructor. Aspiring instructors/students are paired up with more experienced instructors who help them develop their skills as they slowly take on more and more teaching responsibility over the course of a semester.
- Enrolled at GVSU student
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing and/or minimally 2 semesters remaining at GVSU
- Must plan to obtain a nationally recognized certification or have a certification with no teaching experience
- Submit a resume and letter explaining your professional goals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be contacted if they are granted an interview
- A select few students will be chosen each semester. The number will vary based on the number of skilled mentor instructors available
- Sign-on as a mentee and agree to expectations of the development program.
- Upon completion of program, complete a demo class as part of the hiring/selection process to become an instructor for Campus Recreation.