The team captain has the responsibility of notifying all team members of the day/date/time and location of all scheduled events. Forfeits are to be avoided at all costs as they create an inconvenience for participants and staff. The scheduling of each IM game requires making arrangements for the facility, personnel, and the equipment as well as the participants. The following procedures will be observed with regard to forfeits:
1. If a team does not have the minimum number of players at the designated game time, they will be given 5 minutes to obtain the correct number of players before the game is declared a forfeit.
2. A team that does not have the minimum number players after the 5-minute period has expired shall forfeit the game.
3. If a team that forfeits wishes to remain in the league, then they shall pay a $10, non-refundable forfeit fee (cash or check) to the Intramural sports office by 5pm on the business day (Monday-Friday) following the forfeited game.
4. The team who forfeits shall receive a sportsmanship rating of “3” for the game that was forfeited.
Defaults require advance notice to the intramural sports office if a team will not be able to field the minimum number of players for a scheduled game to avoid penalty. The following procedures will be observed with regard to defaults:
1. If a team will not have the minimum number of players for a scheduled game, then the TEAM CAPTAIN (as designated on IM Leagues) shall inform the Intramural Sports office IN WRITING (e-mail is accepted) by NOON on the business day (Monday-Friday) on or prior to the scheduled game.
2. The team who defaults shall receive a sportsmanship rating of “3.5” for the game that was defaulted.