GVSU Campus Recreation Fieldwork
Please complete the following questions as part of the application process for our Group Exercise and Mind/Body Fieldwork positions.
For more information please click here to view the avialable Group Exercise and Mind/Boday Fieldwork positions.
Group Exercise and Mind/Body Fieldwork Positions (2)
Campus Recreation enhances the Grand Valley State University experience by providing co-curricular learning, development, and recreational opportunities that promote health and well-being. We are a part of the Division of Student Services with offices located in the Recreation Center on the Allendale campus. The Group Exercise and Mind/Body fieldwork will assist, support, and contribute to the delivery of fitness and education programs and classes that service students at GVSU.
Reports to Lee McLaughlin, Graduate Assistant
Requirements for application:
· GVSU enrolled student pursuing Movement Science degree, minimally junior standing.
· Available to work 10 hours per week with schedule availability at least 2 evenings per week.
· Available to complete paid training period March 11, 2013 – April 12, 2013, which includes mentorship and training to become a Group Exercise or Mind/Body Instructor.
· Available to complete fieldwork from August 19, 2013 - December 6, 2013.
· Attain current certification by September, 2013
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Motivated individual with a passion for fitness and well-being.
· Ability to stand, lift, carry equipment and supplies up to 20 pounds.
· Group Exercise or Mind/Body class instruction (1-3 classes per week)
· Customer service and problem solving
· Opening, maintaining, and closing fitness studios
· Supervising safety of participants
· Assist with program planning
· Assist with maintaining database
· Assist with equipment maintenance
· Attend staff meetings and trainings
· Assist in managing database and use of technology to administer programs.
· Assist Graduate Assistant managing daily operations.
· Job shadow additional professionals in the field for career exploration.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Experience working in athletic or fitness related setting.
· Enrolled or completed MOV 300, 304, 320, 321
· CPR & AED certification
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
Payment and compensation:
This fieldwork is an unpaid experience that takes place in conjunction with enrollment and course credit at an approved institution.
· Submit resume and cover letter to Lee McLaughlin at email@example.com
· Complete Google document questionnaire.
Page last modified December 3, 2013