Creating a Team
Creating an IM Leagues account
GVSU IM Sports uses IMLeagues to manage its team registration for intramural sports. All participants must have an IMLeagues account to register or join a team. Participants will log in with their GVSU credentials to access their accounts and join or create teams.
To log in to IMLeagues:
- Go to the IMLeagues button on the intramural sports page.
- You will be redirected to a GVSU page. Log in with your GVSU credentials (ones used for email and blackboard).
- You will need to verify that your information is correct and fill in any missing information.
- That's it. You are ready to play!
Creating an Intramural Sports team
- Log in to your IMLeagues account.
- Click on the “Grand Valley State University” link on the top left to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed; click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play (Co-Rec, Men's, Women's etc).
- Choose the division you'd like to play (Monday 8:45PM, Tuesday 11:00PM, etc).
- Click to Create/Join the team and complete your team's registration.
Paying for your team
After creating your team, you will see instructions to pay for your team. Please pay for your team immediately after creating the team. To pay for your team, follow the instructions provided or go to the GVSU IM Sports Payment Site. Find the sport you signed up for and fill out the payment form.
Payments must be made by 4pm the following business day to secure the teams spot in the league. If payment is not received by then, the team will be moved to the waitlist, and the division spot will not be guaranteed. To be moved off the waitlist and back into a division, payment must be made. It may take 24 hours for your teams payment to be processed.
All payments are by team, not individuals. Team captain's will be required to pay for the full team and then collect the team fees from each individual player. All participants should repay their team captain for their portion of the team. We try to keep team fees as low a possible so all participants can participate. Team fees help cover some of the cost of a league season, but not all costs needed to play intramural sports.
Open Leagues have no gender requirements. Anyone can play at anytime.
For sports with divisions, the division name is the day and time the team will play games each week.
If you live in a housing community on campus, go to the housing league page and contact your RA or LCD to create a team for your community.
All participants are responsible for knowing the sport rules and all IM Sports policies. Please refer to the Rules and Policies page for more information.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call 616-331-1732.