Creating a Team
Creating an IM Leagues account
GVSU IM Sports uses IMleagues.com to manage its team registration for intramural sports. All participants must create an IMLeagues account to register or join a team. This free account will only have to be created once during the student's enrollment at GVSU. Participants must use their GVSU email address and enter their G-number when requested. Once the account has been created, participants are ready to join or create teams!
To create an account:
- Go to the IM Leagues homepage and click SIGN UP.
- Enter your information, using your GVSU email (@mail.gvsu.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent an activation email to this account. Click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should be automatically joined to the GVSU school site – If not you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link and looking for "Grand Valley State University".
Creating an Intramural Sports team
- Log in to your IMLeagues account.
- Click on the “Grand Valley State University” link on the top left to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed; click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play (Co-Rec, Men's, Women's etc).
- Choose the division you'd like to play (Monday 8:45PM, Tuesday 11:00PM, etc).
- Click to Create/Join the team and complete your team's registration.
Paying for your team
After creating your team, you will see instructions to pay for your team. Please pay for your team immediately after creating the team. To pay for your team, follow the instructions provided or go to the GVSU IM Sports Payment Site. Find the sport you signed up for and fill out the payment form.
Payments must be made by 4pm the following business day to secure the teams spot in the league. If payment is not received by then, the team will be moved to the waitlist, and the division spot will not be guaranteed. To be moved off the waitlist and back into a division, payment must be made. It may take 24 hours for your teams payment to be processed.
All payments are by team, not individuals. Team captain's will be required to pay for the full team and then collect the team fees from each individual player. All participants should repay their team captain for their portion of the team. We try to keep team fees as low a possible so all participants can participate. Team fees help cover some of the cost of a league season, but not all costs needed to play intramural sports.
Open Leagues have no gender requirements. Anyone can play at anytime.
For sports with divisions, the division name is the day and time the team will play games each week.
If you live in a housing community on campus, go to the housing league page and contact your RA or LCD to create a team for your community.
All participants are responsible for knowing the sport rules and all IM Sports policies. Please refer to the Rules and Policies page for more information.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-331-1732.