Q. What should I do to open an account with a new supplier? 

To establish a direct-bill account, some suppliers may require a credit application for their records. The University standard credit application form may be used for this purpose. Contact Purchasing Services if additional assistance is required.


Q.  What is the University's tax-exempt number? 

In addition to exemption from sales and use tax in the state of Michigan, the University has tax-exempt status in the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Texas.  To qualify for tax exemption, purchases must be invoiced to/paid for by the University.  Contact Purchasing for copies of the tax-exempt certificates.

      Federal Tax ID                  #38 1684280
      Tax Free Register              #3873013F
Tax Exempt Certificate
      W9 Tax Identification Number Certificate (TIN)

Q. Who should I contact with questions regarding invoice payments? 

 Contact Accounts Payable at 616-331-8010 with questions regarding invoice payments and payment schedules.

Q. Who should I contact with questions regarding my account budget?
 Contact the appropriate Accountant who manages the following accounts.

Agency and Designated Funds 616-331-2396
Auxiliary and Plant Funds 616-331-2231
Endowment Fund 616-331-2201
General Fund and Retirement & Insurance Fund 616-331-8124
Restricted Fund 616-331-2205


Page last modified February 25, 2015