News and Events
Career Fair - 2/25/2016
February 02, 2016
The Career Center is a tremendous resource and they are once again pulling out all the stops to get you ready to meet your future boss or internship mentor and create or extend your professional network. Below are some of the reasons for attending the Career Fair and the ways you can get yourself ready.
Career Fair is for everyone!
- First Year Students: MEET employers & learn about internship opportunities
- Second Year Students: FIND future opportunities & land interviews
Career Center helps students get prepared:
- How to Talk to Employers & Succeed at Career Fair provides space to practice making a good first impression and interacting with employers
- Extended Time for Tens allows students more access to career advisors the week of Career Fair in order to polish resumes & ask quick questions
Career Center challenges students to explore the world of work by Connecting Early, Connecting Often, and they can do that at Career Fair!
- Career Exploration Time allows students to enter the fair for the half hour preceding the official start time to talk with employers about careers in a more relaxed atmosphere
- Career Fair Tours are scheduled throughout the day and include a brief presentation to learn what questions to ask employers and how to talk about yourself, followed by a guided tour of the career fair room in order to feel comfortable in the space
The Career Fair is a major event, bringing 230 employers to campus for the sole purpose of interacting with Grand Valley students. So I hope to see you all there!