- Ph.D. in Physics, 1989, University of South Carolina.
- MS in Physics, 1986, University of South Carolina.
- BS in Physics, 1974, National University of Colombia.
- Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, August 1992 to present.
- Visiting Professor, Institute of Superconductivity, University of South Carolina Summers of 1991 and 1992.
- Assistant Professor, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY, August 1989 to August 1992.
- Instructor, Midlands Technical College, Columbia, SC, February 1986 to August 1989.
- Associate Professor, Universidad Nacional and Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia. 1974 to 1980.
- Descriptive Astronomy, General Physics for majors and non-majors in physics,
- Modern Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Mathematical Methods in Physics,
- Digital Electronics, Advanced Lab, and Undergraduate Research.
- Synthesis and characterization of high Tc superconductors.
- Synthesis and characterization of CMR samples.
- Magnetic measurements with SQUID susceptometer.
- X-ray characterization.
- Electron microscopy.
- Thin film deposition in high vacuum.
- Transport measurements.
Research with Undergraduates
- "Derivative Analysis of The High Temperature Superconducting Transition." C. Almasan, J. Estrada, C.P. Poole, Jr., T. Datta, H.A. Farach, D.U. Gubser, S.A. Wolf, and L.E. Toth. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 99. 1988 Material Research Society.
- "Reentrant Softening in The Copper-Oxide Superconductors." C.E. Violet, T. Datta, H.M. Ledbetter, C. Almasan, and J. Estrada. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 99. 1988 Material Research Society.
- "Superconductivity at 90 K in the Tl-Ba-Cu-O System." Z.Z. Sheng, A.M. Hermann, A. El Ali, C. Almasan, J. Estrada, and T. Datta. Phys. Rev. Letts. Vol. 60, Number 10, 7 March 1988.
- "High Tc Superconducting HoBa2(Cu1-xFex)3O7-*". C.E. Violet, P.A. Hahn, Zequn Mei, T. Datta, C. Almasan, and J. Estrada. Extended Abstracts. High Temperature Superconductors II.
- "Magnetic Behaviour of Y-Ba-Cu-O Superconductors Prepared under Different Oxygen Anneals." T. Datta, C. Almasan, J. Estrada, C. Violet, D. Gubser and S. Wolf. J. Appl Phys. 63 (8), 15 April 1988.
- "New Approach to Characterizing The High-temperature Superconducting Transition." T. Datta; C.P. Poole, Jr., H.A. Farach, C. Almasan, J. Estrada, D.U. Gubser, and S.A. Wolf. Physical Review B, Vol. 37, Number 13, 1 May 1988.
- "Reentrant Softening In Peroskitelike Superconductors." T. Datta, H.M. Ledbetter, C.E. Violet, C. Almasan, and J. Estrada. Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 37, Number 13, 1 May 1988.
- "Transport Critical Current and Magnetization Measurements of Melt-processed Y1Ba2Cu3O7-* ". A.H. Hermann, Z.Z. Sheng, W. Kiehl, D. Marsh, A. El Ali, P.D. Hambourger, C. Almasan, J. Estrada and T. Datta. J. Appl. Phys. 64 (10), 15 November 1988.
- "Cluster Synthesis. 23. The Synthesis, Structure, and Bonding of Fe4(CO)10(*-CO)(*4-S)2". R.D. Adams, J.E. Babin, J. Estrada, M.B. Hall, A.A. Low, and J. Wang. Polyhedron Vol. 8, No. 15, pp. 1885-1890, 1989. Printed in Great Britain.
- "Growth and Structure Analysis of a Single Crystal ofY2Cu2O5" R. D. Adams, J. Estrada, and T. Datta. Journal of Superconductivity, Vol. 5, No. 1, 1992.
- "Partial Substitution of Cu in "123" Superconductors", Grand Valley State Univ., Sigma Xi, March 1993.
- Substitutions in Y1Ba2Cu3O7-X - Magnetic MomentsPhysics Institut Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Dec. 17, 1996.
- Properties of the Sun, Grand Rapids Amateur Astronomical Association, June 21, 1997.
- Modified Solid State Reaction Technique to Produce Structurally Sound Polycrystalline samples of Colossal Magnetoresistve La0.7Ca0.3MnO3 March Meeting of the American Physical Society. Minneapolis, 2000.
- Magnetic and Transport Properties of Lanthanum Based CMRSystems March Meeting of the American Physical Society. Indianapolis, 2001.
- Correlation between Heat Treatment, Resistivity and Magnetoresistance in Polycrystalline samples of La0.7Ca0.3MnO3 March Meeting of the American Physical Society. Indianapolis, 2001.
- CMR in Manganites. Departamento de Fisica Fundamental Universidad de Barcelona, Spain. Dec. 18, 2003.