Student Services - Pew Campus
YMCA Guidelines for Individual Memberships
Individual Semester Membership Option for GVSU Students & Link to Join!!!
GVSU and YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids have teamed-up to offer a special membership program for our students with some unique benefits and limitations. Please review the following before you decide to take advantage of the Online YMCA Membership option:
Step 1 - Read and Review Plan Guidelines:
By submitting the Online YMCA Membership form, GVSU is authorized to charge your student account $160 to participate for the academic semester. Individual Membership charges will be posted by the following day and are payable to Grand Valley State University in accordance with the University's payment policies. Since this membership is not continuous nor automatic, an online Billing Request Form must be completed each semester to maintain active membership.
Membership Payment Options through GVSU:
Cash, check, money order, or e-check (no additional fee)
Credit or Debit Card (additional fees apply) - available for on-line payments
Access to the On-line membership opens approximately 4 weeks prior to the first day of classes and closes three weeks after the first day of classes.
This membership provides access to participating YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids branches and is valid for one semester; therefore, you must process a new on-line request every semester to maintain active membership.
Conditions and terms:
- This special Individual YMCA membership rate is only available if you will be enrolled in Grand Valley classes during the specified semester/term.
- Membership is effective from the first day until the last day of the semester.
- Participating branches include David D. Hunting (Grand Rapids), Visser Family (Grandville), Wolverine Worldwide (Belmont), Southeast (Cascade), Lowell, Ionia and the new Spartan Stores YMCA (Wyoming).
- GVSU Plan participants are not permitted to park at the David D. Hunting YMCA.
- Members must comply with YMCA policies.
- This membership plan is only made available during the posted on-line enrollment period - approximately 6-7 weeks in duration.
- All membership inquiries, including joining after the on-line enrollment period has concluded, and other membership-related requests, e.g., financial questions, should be submitted to the membership services contact.
Contact information: Tara Julien, YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids, 616-855-9622, e-mail: email@example.com
Step 2 - IMPORTANT - Print a copy of the On-line Membership Form before submitting:
This is your only confirmation record. Bring this form to the David D. Hunting YMCA to complete YMCA's paperwork to obtain your ID card.
Step 3 - Check Box at bottom of Form
To confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA/GVSU membership plan, you must check the identified box and click "Submit" to complete the process.
Step 4 - If you are ready to join now be advised: a) the charges will post to our account within 72 hours and you are accepting responsibility for charges; b) After you submit the form you must visit the David D. Hunting YMCA to obtain your ID and begin using your membership.
Step 5 - Complete by visiting the David D. Hunting YMCA: To begin using your Individual membership at any location, you will need to visit the David D. Hunting YMCA to complete YMCA's paperwork and obtain your ID card. Be advised that your student account is charged $160 and your membership activates regardless of whether you visit the YMCA. YMCA membership fees are not refundable. Additionally, failure to pay this fee may result in a "hold" being placed on your GVSU student account.
Page last modified August 4, 2015